Advanced Electronic Reconnaissance Intelligence Evaluation System
The Advanced Electronic Reconnaissance Intelligence Evaluation System is used to intercept, identify, locate and report on VHF/UHF radio signals in support of electronic warfare operations.
AERIESThe system is mounted inside a custom modified Bison vehicle, and is divided into 4 functional groups: direction finding equipment, computer equipment, communications equipment, and a power supply. The computer workstation is a TEMPEST rugged SUN SPARC 2E by SOLARIS with 32 MB Parity DRAM & three 5.25 bays for removable media. The system software was developed using UNIX, C, Xwindows / Motif, Codebase RDBMS, Fulcrum and SUN OS 4.1e.
- Length: 6.5 m
- Width: 2.6 m
- Height: 13 m (mast extended)
- Engine: 275-hp turbocharged Detroit diesel
- Speed: 100 km/h
- Range of vehicle: 650 km
- Frequency Range: 20 to 500 MHz
- Nomenclature: AN/MRD-505 (V)
- Range of Operations: 25 km along front line
- Crew: 3 (normally used with 6 detachments)
- Entered Service: 1995
- Number in Service: 6