Beaver Bridge Launcher
The Beaver is an armoured, fully tracked vehicle built on the chassis of a Leopard Tank. It is a highly mobile, rapidly deployable assault bridge that can be used to span natural and man-made obstacles on the battlefield. The vehicle\’s 22 meter-long bridge can support vehicles as heavy as 60 tonnes over streams and anti-tank ditches.
The Beaver is powered by a V-10, twin super charged, 830 HP, multi-fuelled engine. It is equipped with an NBCD system that provides protection against nuclear, biological, and chemical agents. It is also equipped with eight smoke / HE grenade dischargers.
- Length: 11.82 m (with bridge)
- Width: 4.0 m (with bridge)
- Height: 3.57 m (with bridge)
- Weight: 45, 450 kg (with bridge)
- Bridge Length: 22.0 m
- Bridge Width: 4.0 m
- Width of Bridge Lane: 1.55 m
- Class of Bridge: 60 tonne
- Crew: 2-3
- Engine: Multi-fuel engine, 10 cylinders, 830 hp
- Max Speed: 62 km/h
- Number in service: 9